1) Who is the controller of your data?
SHELL CANADA LIMITED, a company registered in Canada whose registered office is in Calgary, Alberta, is the controller for the processing of your personal data.
2) For what purposes do we collect and process your personal data and what types of personal data do we collect and process?
We collect and use your personal information (including, but not limited to, (i) name; (ii) e-mail address; (iii) customer contact telephone number) for the following purposes:
- Customer service and relationship management, including responding to queries, complaints and enquiries
- Development and improvement of products and services, including conducting research and surveys
- Technical and functional management of the Website, including processing technical information about the visits to and usage of the Website
- Generation of management information and statistical data, including performing statistical analysis on an aggregate basis
- Prevention, detection and investigation of fraud
- Feedback facilities
3) Who has access to your data?
Shell may disclose your personal data to any of the following:
- Authorized third party companies involved in the operation of the Website, such as any other company that is permitted to supply services to Shell customers;
- Any agents, service providers and/or subcontractors of Shell and its affiliates;
- Any person to whom Shell proposes to transfer any of its rights and/or duties.
Shell uses third parties for certain processing, such as website hosting. The collected personal data may be transferred to authorised third parties, which may be located outside of Canada as part of the services offered to you. By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of Canada or one of our service providers is located in a country outside of Canada. As far as these third parties have access to personal data in order to execute these processing, Shell has taken the required organizational and/or contractual measures to ensure that your personal data is exclusively processed for the purposes mentioned above and that adequate levels of protection have been implemented in order to safeguard your personal data.
With your consent, Shell may also share your personal data with other third parties such as Shell affiliates. These third parties will use your information for the data and purposes as defined above and for the period as defined 4 below.
4) For what period do we retain your personal data?
5) Which cookies does Shell use?
Using these technologies we can collect data on the use of the Website such as which pages are visited, your interaction with information on the Website and the duration of your visit.
Functional cookies – Shell stores cookies that are essential in providing the functionalities of the Website. For instance, the cookies remember your preferences, such as language and region, which remain as your default settings when you revisit the Website. However, should you wish to do so, you can choose to reject or block the cookies set by Shell by changing your browser settings – see the Help function within your browser for further details.
Web analytics cookies – Shell may use third party cookies for web analysis – for example Google Analytics. Such cookies allow Shell to analyse the usage of the Website. This relies on aggregated statistical data that Shell’s authorised service providers provide Shell and allows Shell to understand the way you use the Website. Shell and such service providers may only provide such data to third parties if this is required by law.
Advertising cookies – Shell may use third party cookies for advertising purposes. Shell may use authorised service providers to serve advertising on the Website and other websites on the internet. Such service providers may place cookies on your browser, and may collect information that helps them identify your device, such as IP-address, or other unique or device identifiers.
Shell does not retain a cookie longer than necessary (not longer than the user account is active). We use session cookies and permanent cookies:
- A session cookie can track usage such as the webpages you visit and what options you use. When you close the internet browser, the session is ended and the cookie is deleted.
- A permanent cookie enables the Website to recognize you at a subsequent visit. It remains on your system until you delete it.
6) How do we secure your personal data?
We have implemented technology and policies with the objective of protecting your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use and will update these measures as new technology becomes available, as appropriate.
7) Who to address regarding questions and requests of access, removal etc.
We aim to keep our data about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review, change or delete the details you have supplied to us, please contact us at email@example.com.
9) Contact Us